Free Tax Preparation Assistance
TAX HELP FOR FREE . . . NEVER A FEE!
Walk-in • Appointment • Homebound Services
Accounting Aid Society will have 26 free tax preparation locations in Wayne, Oakland, Macomb, and Livingston counties for the main tax season, beginning in late January 2011 and operating through April 15 (plus the five Neighborhood Tax Centers will also be open Monday, April 18, from 9 a.m.- 4 p.m.).
Find a site: accountingaidsociety.org
Most locations offer walk-ins on a first come, first served service. Some are by appointment only.
ELIGIBILITY BASED ON ANNUAL HOUSEHOLD INCOME
• $50,000 or less for Families (married couple, or person with at least one dependent, for example, a single parent or grandparent with guardianship)
• $25,000 or less for Individuals
• If you pay rent, taxes or heating bills but are not working, you may still be eligible for some tax credits.
At select tax locations, community partners join us to offer onsite assistance for:
· utility payments and shutoff prevention
· credit reports and counseling
· home ownership and foreclosure prevention
· savings bonds
· debit cards
To find out which tax sites are offering these services, call us at 313-556-1920 or toll-free at 1-866-673-0873.
Public Benefits Screening
Beginning in 2011, we will be able to screen our tax clients at selected tax sites for public benefits eligibility using the online MiBridges program operated by the Michigan Department of Human Services.
Our benefits screeners will help you determine whether your household is eligible for public assistance for:
· day care
· temporary cash
· other expenses
After completing the 10-minute screening survey, we will be able to give you a printout of your personalized report.
If eligible, we can help you apply online for:
· food assistance program (FAP)
· state emergency relief (SER)
· health insurance for your children (MICHILD and Healthy Kids)
These services will be available at a limited number of Accounting Aid Society tax sites. To find out which of our tax locations offer benefits screening call 313-556-1920 or 1-866-673-0873 toll-free.
We can help you with taxable wages and benefits, non-wage and retirement income, itemized deductions, and self-employment income. We cannot help with capital gains and losses on investments, rental income or sale of a home, or income from multiple stock sales.
Call for an appointment or more details. (313) 556-1920.
Homebound Tax Services
An office-based correspondence service specifically for seniors and those with disabilities who are unable to go to a tax site. For details, call 313-556-1920 or 1-866-673-0873 toll-free.