Buick Achievers Scholarship
Deadline to apply is 11:59 p.m. CT, March 31, 2011. Qualified applicants who submit their application by 11:59 p.m. CT, February 25, 2011 may receive early consideration for five of the 100 Buick Achievers National Scholarships of up to $25,000.
Applicants to the Buick Achievers Scholarship Program must:
• Be high school seniors or high school graduates who are first-time college students in the fall of 2011
• Plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited four-year college or university for the entire 2011-12 academic year
• Plan to major in a course of study that focuses on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math). Select Design, Marketing, Accounting, Finance and Business majors are also eligible. See the list of eligible majors. Scholarship recipients will demonstrate an interest in pursuing a career in the automotive or related industries using these areas of study.
• Be U.S. citizens and have permanent residence in the United States
Excluded from consideration are employees and relatives of employees of Scholarship Management Services, Scholarship America and their affiliates and subcontractors, and GM Foundation Directors, Officers, and staff and their relatives. Relatives of General Motors employees are eligible.
Recipients will be awarded one scholarship at either of the two award levels:
• 1,000 Buick Achievers Scholarships of $2,000, available for four years and one additional year for those entering a five-year engineering program.
• 100 Buick Achievers National Scholarships of up to $25,000 per year, available for four years, and one additional year for those entering a five-year engineering program. The scholarships can be used toward the total cost of tuition, fees, books, supplies, required equipment, room and board and other allowable expenses, less other gift aid known at the time of application (scholarships, grants and other awards that do not have to be paid back).
Awards are renewable for the given years noted above or until a bachelor’s degree is earned, whichever occurs first. Renewal is contingent upon satisfactory academic performance, full-time enrollment and continuing to major in an eligible field of study.
Awards are for undergraduate study only.
For more information and/or to apply visit: buickachievers.scholarshipamerica.org