Service Technical Team Manager
Located : ( Detroit, MI )
Job Requirements: Bachelor’s degree and more than 10 years experience.
Job Type: Full Time
Hours per: 40 Weekly
Benefits: Dental Insurance
Position(s) Available: 1
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in over 150 countries. Our 142,000 employees create quality products, services and solutions to optimize energy and operational efficiencies of buildings; lead-acid automotive batteries and advanced batteries for hybrid and electric vehicles; and interior systems for automobiles. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. Through our growth strategies and by increasing market share we are committed to delivering value to shareholders and making our customers successful. (EEO/AA Employer)
Under general supervision, manages and develops the truck based service business within a specified territory and delivers (executes) this service to our customers, meeting service sales and pre-determined profitability objectives. Provides technical customer support and drives customer satisfaction and retention. Responsible for employee development, retention and safety program compliance.
1. Leads assigned field team in the delivery of quality service and customer satisfaction while ensuring safety compliance. Maintains proper staffing levels and skill mix; conducts performance appraisals; makes salary recommendations; approves time sheets, purchase orders, credits; and performs all other necessary management and administrative tasks.
2. Provides technical solutions to complex problems either troubleshooting the system / equipment or advises others on how to resolve problems.
3. Monitors and ensures contract obligations and other customer requirements are
consistently met while maximizing gross margin profitability.
4. Responsible for estimate reviews for all assigned business. Tasked with objectives for gross margin delivery and profitability.
Drives Labor and Material growth and identifies sales leads through the FLSPs.
5. Provides risk mitigation on customer satisfaction and warranty issues. Investigates customer calls or claims and provides recommendations and feedback to branch management regarding causes and resolutions.
6. Coordinates with System / Equipment Sales on new equipment start-ups, as well as sales leads for new customers.
7. Manages team budgets and overhead accounts as assigned. Provides input to the Branch business plan.
8. Performs other duties related to customer satisfaction and the development and maintenance of the service business on their assigned team.
Ten years of progressive troubleshooting and leadership experience in the HVAC&R and or building controls systems. Bachelor’s degree in electrical or mechanical engineering plus five years of relevant HVAC& R and or building controls experience preferred. Work requires one or two years of prior experience in directing or leading the work of others. Must have the ability to interact effectively with employees and customers in difficult situations. Possesses proven communication skills and the ability to present technical ideas and concepts to customers and other technical professions.
Website: Click here to go to site