$1,000 Scholarship for HS Senior – Deadline: Friday, February 28, 2013
Friday, February 28, 2013
GUIDELINES FOR SCHOLARSHIP SELECTION:
- Applicant must have a grade point average of no less than 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicants must participate in community service, campus leadership and/or extracurricular activities.
- Applicants must be a high school senior enrolling in a four-year college or university in the fall of 2013.
Your application packet must include:
- An official copy of your high school transcript.
- A complete printed or typed application.
- One recommendation letter from a current or former high school teacher, counselor or administrator.
- One recommendation letter from a community member (coach, church member, supervisor, etc.)
- A 300 word essay, typed and double-spaced on:
- “Why is it important to be able to successfully wear multiple hats in society?
- How do you wear many hats?”
Click Here to Download: Delta Scholar Application Packet
Please send completed application packets to:
Ramona Calhoun, Scholarship Chairperson
P.O. Box 48012
Oak Park, Michigan 48237
Since its inception in 1920, Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Incorporated has strived to promote the sorority’s ideals of scholarship, service, sisterly love and the epitome of finer womanhood. Throughout its history, the women of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Incorporated have sought to raise educational, health, and social consciousness in the communities in which they live, work and worship. Upsilon Psi Zeta, the Oak Park Alumnae Chapter, will be upholding those standards as we award two outstanding high school seniors from the Metro Detroit community with a $1,000.00 scholarship each.