Bank of America Student Leadership Program
Bank of America is looking for the next generation of community leaders. If you are a junior or senior in high school with a passion for improving your community, we want to help you turn that passion into action.
As a Student Leader, you will participate in an eight-week paid internship at a local nonprofit/charitable organization where you will learn first-hand about the needs of your community and the critical role nonprofits play in order to foster positive change. In addition, you will learn valuable civic, social and business leadership skills. Each Student Leader will attend a Leadership Summit held in Washington, D.C. where you will learn how government, business and the nonprofit sector work together to address critical community needs.
To become a Student Leader, you must:
- Currently be a junior or senior in high school
- Be able to participate in an 8-week paid internship at a local nonprofit/charitable organization and work 35 hours a week
- Be legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship through the end of September 2013
- Be able to participate in a week-long Student Leadership Summit in Washington, DC (July 8- July 13, 2013) (All expenses paid as part of the Student Leaders Program. This week will be part of your 8-week experience.)
- Be a student in good standing at your school
- Obtain a letter of recommendation from a teacher, guidance counselor, or school administrator.
Please note, Bank of America employees or members of their family are NOT eligible for nomination. Family members include: spouse or domestic partner, child (including by adoption), parent, grandparent, grandchild, cousin, aunt, uncle, sibling, parent-in-law, brother-in-law or sister-in-law of the employee or the employee’s spouse or domestic partner, as well as step relationships.
For questions concerning this program, please call 1-800-218-9946.